Monday, October 24, 2005

Old Family Photograph

I've posted a few pictures of this family before, I saw a copy of this picture from a newspaper years ago.  I looked and looked for a original copy of the picture.  Today one of my wonderful cousin Judy who also does genealogy, made my day and sent it to me.  It's still quite old, I worked on it some, trying to lighten it up some.  I always heard they had just gone to church and their horse and buggy was behind them in the picture.  Apparently though they had gone to the fair and got this picture taken. Wonder if they all fit on the horse and buggy? 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

great!
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Great picture, your group looks about as solemn as my group does today LOL.
I wouldn't think all them could get in one buggy. Maybe the children and younger people took turns walking and riding.  That buggy doesn't look very big. Helen

Anonymous said...

I love these old photographs.

Anonymous said...

Great picture, I love old family photographs and family research is such a wonderful hobby

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/

Anonymous said...

Yep that's a mighty big family gathering after church, but I bet they had a couple of buggies.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

Oh I love old photos!  A hundred years ago getting your photo taken was a rare event taken quite seriously, and in every photo I've ever seen it shows in their faces.  But my, what a big family!  I would guess they had several buggys.
Dona

Anonymous said...

and what was the date (year) of this picture?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love photographs like this!  How wonderful that it was sent to you!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink